My name is Sara Wendel-Örtqvist and I am currently working at Paradox Development Studio as an Assistant Developer. I graduated from the University of Skövde 2009, where I studied Games Development – Design.
Game Development Experience
August 2015 – Current
Associate Producer at Paradox Development Studio
* Contacting and hiring localization companies for four games
* Exporting text to be translated through an in-house tool
* Answering questions regarding the text
* Importing the translations
* Taking care of bug reports regarding the various languages.
* Editing of in-game texts
October 2013 – August 2015:
Senior Lore Developer at Paradox Development Studio
I worked with level design, game writing, scripting and managing game writers, a scripter and a level designer.
January 2010 – October 2013:
Assistant Developer at Paradox Development Studio
Writing and scripting events, researching historical events, characters and other useful data.
- Europa Universalis IV: Unannounced DLC
- Crusader Kings II: Unannounced DLC
- Hearts of Iron IV
- Crusader Kings II: Conclave
- Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
- Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
- Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks
- Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
- Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
- Runemaster (canceled)
- Europa Universalis IV
- March of the Eagles
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
- Crusader Kings II
- Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind
- Victoria II
- Hearts of Iron III: Semper Fi
September 2007 – May 2009:
Game Writer and Voice Actor Manager
Decadence Mod: A HalfLife 2-mod featuring four characters fighting in two teams for the control over the water nodes. The two versus two multiplayer mod is a total conversion based on the Source Engine. Read more at www.decadencemod.com.
• Wrote the background stories for the four characters
• Wrote dialogue lines for the characters
• Found voice actors for the characters
• Managed the voice actors and their lines
• Wrote descriptions of the world of Decadence
January 2007 – Mars 2007:
Level Designer and Game Designer
Shopper Rush: A small 2D game developed during a program course at the University of Skövde. Shopper Rush is a top-down perspective “racing game”. The player compete against 1000+ AI controlled opponents in a shopping mall, trying to get a limited stock item before it runs out
• Made levels for the game.
• Wrote descriptions of the limited item the player raced to get.
August 2006 – June 2009:
Game Development – Design
The University of Skövde, B.A. in Media, graduated June 2009.
August 2003 – June 2006:
IT, Communication and Leadership Infokomp in Karlstad, graduated June 2006.
• MS office
• Adobe Photoshop
Fluent in Swedish and English.